Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"Safe with Thee"

 
"...in hope of eternal life, which God promised before the world began." Titus 1:2
The Bible is a story of, among others things, the great lengths that Someone went through to keep His Word.


“Safe With Thee”

My soul was like the troubled sea,
casting mire and dirt.
My mind was full of fearful doubts,
my heart with searing hurt.

What if cru’el Death did call
in eerie watches of the night?
Then down into the Pit I’d fall,
ever hidden from Thy sight.

Darkness creeped, and seeped, and settled;
my soul encompassed with despair.
Then to Thy Word I turned and saw
great words of Life were written there.

“I give to them Eternal Life”
Your Holy Word did say.
It said I’m safe within Your hands,
and none can pluck away.

I read that “by One offering”
He on the cross my sin did pay:
and since that I “believe on Him”
will surely raise upon that “Day.”

Now in Your promise’s I trust,
that I’ll Ever guarded be.
My tortured soul at last can rest;
for I am safe with Thee.